Carrot Cake Muffins
I got these great jumbo-size muffin tins as a gift, and now I can gorge on bakery-sized muffins for breakfast every morning. These are kind of like carrot cake, without all the sugary icing. Next time I make them I'll probably toss some chopped walnuts in there, too.
This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins or 12 standard-size (wussy) muffins.
2/3 c raisins
1.5 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c rice milk
1/4 c canola or vegetable oil
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 c grated carrot
1/3 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray or lightly oil muffin tins.
2. Soak the raisins in very hot water to make them plump and juicy.
3. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and add wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
5. Fold in carrots, raisins, and coconut in batches.
6. Fill tins mostly full, and bake about 22 minutes for regular muffins, 25 minutes for jumbo-size muffins.