My zucchini and summer squash plants produce way too much.
What to do with all the leftover rice and armloads of squash? Summer squash casserole to the rescue!
- 3-4 yellow crookneck or zucchini, or some combination thereof
- about 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegenaise
- about 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- about 3/4 cup almond, soy, or rice milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Slice or dice squash and mix or layer with rice in an oiled casserole dish
- blend together all other ingredients, and pour over rice/squash mixture
- cover, and bake 30-45 minutes (depending how soft you like your squash) at 375