2 1/2 c quinoa
1/2 c packed dried peaches or apricots, cut in small pieces (or substitute fresh peaches, apricots, or nectarines)
1/2 c slivered almonds
1/3-1/2 c packed mint leaves, sliced
greens from 4 green onions and white parts from 2 green onions, sliced
2/3 c pineapple juice
7 dried figs
2 T vinegar
1 T liquid aminos
white parts from 2 green onions
- Cook quinoa, adding apricots to the boiling water when you add the quinoa. (Or if using fresh fruit instead, add it at the end when you add the onions and mint.)
- Allow quinoa to cool in the refrigerator for a couple hours, or overnight.
- Make dressing: pulse all dressing ingredients in the blender or food processor until mostly smooth, adding a little water if it seems too thick.
- Toss almonds, mint, and green onions into quinoa, then add dressing and toss until combined.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.