Strawberry season is never long enough, so enjoy it while it lasts!
2/3 c almond milk
1 t apple cider vinegar
1 1/3 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/3 c agave nectar
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/3 c pureed strawberries
1/2 t almond extract
1 t vanilla extract
3/4 cup pureed strawberries
5T margarine, at room temperature
4 T shortening
1/4 t vanilla
3 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk vinegar into almond milk and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together almond milk with agave, oil, strawberries, and extracts, then add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined.
- Pour into cupcake papers and bake about 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: beat margarine and shortening until soft. Add vanilla, strawberries, and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and beat until combined, then gradually add in the rest of the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on a rack before frosting.
- (I recommend refrigerating these; they're really good cold.)