Monday, August 22, 2011
Cinnamon Raisin Waffles
These waffles offer all the pleasure of a cinnamon roll, without the hassle of yeast dough. I ate them plain because there's only so much sugar I can handle in the morning, but I dare you to drizzle some powdered-sugar icing on top.
3/4 c raisins
3 c flour
2 T baking powder
2 T arrowroot
1 t salt
3 c + 2 T almond milk
1 T vanilla
2 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 c (packed) brown sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) margarine, melted
2 1/2 t cinnamon
1. In a bowl or measuring cup, soak raisins in nearly-boiling water while preparing the remaining ingredients.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, arrowroot, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, vanilla, and cider vinegar.
4. In yet another bowl, combine brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon.
5. Whisk almond milk mixture into flour mixture.
6. Drain raisins and stir them into the batter.
7. Add cinnamon mixture and stir just a few times, leaving some swirls of darker and lighter batter.
8. Cook on a well-oiled waffle iron.