These muffins offer a hit of caffeine and the light crunch of toasted coconut. Plus they're round and cute.
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 T arrowroot
1 T baking powder
3/4 t salt
3/4 c coconut milk (canned, not low fat)
3/4 c brewed coffee
1/3 c almond milk
1 T vanilla
2 t instant coffee granules
3/4 t coconut extract (optional, for stronger coconut flavor)
1 1/4 c shredded, unsweetened coconut, toasted until golden-brown
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, arrowroot, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, coffee, almond milk, extracts, and instant coffee.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in toasted coconut.
- Pour into lightly-oiled muffin tins, and bake about 17-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and cool on a baking rack.