I expect I'll always have a soft spot for funfetti cake, because one of the first evenings I ever spent with my husband, before we were even dating, involved baking funfetti cupcakes from a box mix with my husband and one of his best friends. I haven't had a funfetti cupcake since becoming vegan, but when the idea of cake batter waffles crossed my mind, funfetti seemed like the obvious flavor choice. The waffles turned out fun and festive, though I'd reserve them for dessert and not serve them for breakfast unless you have a mouthful of sweet teeth.
Makes about 5 waffles.
1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t arrowroot
1/2 t salt
1 1/3 c almond milk
1/2 c oil
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 T confetti-style sprinkles, plus more for serving
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, arrowroot, and salt.
- Whisk in almond milk, oil, and vanilla until just combined.
- Stir in 2 T of sprinkles.
- Cook on a hot, unoiled waffle iron until done.
- Serve topped with ice cream and more sprinkles.