I like to eat lots of garlic, ginger, and onions when I feel a cold coming on. Not that it seems to particularly help, but at least it gives me a brief glimmer of false hope and a feeling of virtuous proactivity.
I made this garliclicious tofu yesterday to try to fend off a sore throat…in which regard it was a complete failure, but it did taste great.
2 T olive oil
1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
10-12 cloves garlic, pressed
1 T ginger
1 package super-firm tofu or baked tofu, sliced into very thin strips
1 cup vegetable broth, mixed with 2 t cornstarch
2 c broccoli florets
- Steam broccoli a few minutes until half-cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic, onions, and ginger 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tofu, broccoli, and broth, and stir to combine.
- Simmer about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.