These waffles are the best, especially smeared with a little peanut butter or almond butter. The bananas make the batter sweet enough that it doesn't need sugar, and the oats add fiber and texture.
2 3/4 c flour
1/2 c rolled oats
1 T tapioca starch
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/3 c oil
3 c almond milk
2 t vanilla
1 t apple cider vinegar
- Pulse bananas in food processor until almost smooth.
- Add oats and pulse a couple more times until oats are in little bits.
- Whisk together flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add oil, almond milk, vanilla, vinegar, and banana/oat mixture to dry ingredients, and whisk until well-combined.
- Cook according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- Freeze any leftovers and toast them for quick breakfasts.