I've been playing around lately with a lot of variations of Chocolate Covered Katie's Chocolate-Chip Blondie recipe. This black-bean and chocolate version is perhaps my favorite so far.
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (rinsed well if canned)
1/2 cup + 1 T sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup flour (I used rice flour)
1/4 cup ground flax
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 handful chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°, and spray an 8x8 square pan with oil.
- Combine everything except the walnuts and chocolate chips in a food processor and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add walnuts and pulse a few times to mix them in.
- Spread batter in pan, and bake 35-38 minutes, until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle the brownies with chocolate chips, and try to let them cool before you gobble them up.