I've always loved putting apricots and brazil nuts together in trail mix, so I figured it would also be a good combination in muffins. You could also replace out the apricots with peaches. These muffins get REALLY tall and I was a little worried they'd collapse, but they came out pretty much perfect.
2 1/2 c flour
1 T arrowroot or egg replace powder
1 T baking powder
3/4 t salt
1 1/4 c almond milk
3/4 c apricot jam
1/3 c oil
2 T sugar
2 t vanilla
1 c dried chopped dried apricots
3/4 c chopped brazil nuts
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Whisk together flour, arrowroot, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together almond milk, jam, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and beat until just combined.
- Fold in nuts and apricots.
- Scoop into oiled muffin tins, and bake for about 20-24 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before removing from muffin tins, then cool completely on a baking rack.