This meal was a delicious way to use up the last of the cherry tomatoes from my garden. I microwaved the potatoes before stir-frying them so they would cook through faster; if you have time to spare or don't want to microwave, just fry the potatoes longer. I served this over whole wheat couscous.
2 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled if non-organic)
1 yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved if large
1 1/2 cups black beans
1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c water
3 T orange marmalade
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 T sherry
1 T rice vinegar
1 1/2 t cornstarch
1 t tarragon
- Pierce potatoes with a knife, then microwave 4-5 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in a 1/2 inch dice.
- In a wok over medium heat, fry garlic and onion until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, increase heat to high, and cook, stirring constantly, 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Add beans and tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over couscous or your favorite grain.