These muffins are a satisfying side dish or a fine light lunch along with a salad. Makes 12 muffins.
1 1/4 c cornmeal
3/4 c flour
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
2 t arrowroot or egg replacer powder
1 t salt
1 1/4 c soy milk
1/3 c olive oil
1/2 c corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
3/4 c shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
1 c finely chopped red pepper
2 finely chopped green onions (both white and green parts)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, arrowroot, and salt.
- Stir in soy milk and olive oil until just combined.
- Fold in corn, edamame, pepper, and onion.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins and bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and cool on a baking rack.