I finally got a bundt pan; this recipe was my first time using it. I also used lemons fresh off my tree, which doubled the fun.
1 1/2 c sugar
2/3 c oil
2 c almond milk
1/4 c lemon juice
1 T + 1 t (packed) lemon zest
2 t vanilla
3 1/4 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 T arrowroot or egg replacer powder
1 t salt
12 oz. blueberries, partially thawed if frozen
2 T cornstarch
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 T + 1 t almond milk
1 T + 1 t lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, arrowroot, and salt.
- In a third bowl, toss blueberries with cornstarch.
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet, then fold in blueberries.
- Pour into an oiled 10-inch bundt pan, and bake for about 65-75 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a large plate or cookie sheet. Allow to cool completely, then whisk together glaze ingredients and pour glaze over cake.