Welcome to mint-chocolate week! Starting the week off is a very rich but simple chocolate-mint mousse.
8 oz. dark chocolate (70% or greater chocolate solids)
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peppermint schnapps (or more milk, with a splash of peppermint extract added for a non-alcoholic version)
- Break chocolate into pieces.
- Fill a mixing bowl with ice and water, and nest a smaller mixing bowl inside it. Make sure you're able to keep the water in the bottom bowl from spilling over the rim the top bowl. Set in freezer until needed.
- Combine chocolate, milk, sugar, and schnapps in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate into the bowl that's on top of the ice bowl, and whisk briskly and constantly until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Divide among 4 ramekins. Serve immediately for soft mousse, or refrigerate for at least an hour for a firmer texture.