I originally planned these as breakfast bars, but I ate them more as anytime-bars; they work just as well as breakfast, a mid-morning or afternoon snack, or a not-too-sweet dessert.
3 c rolled oats
1/2 c peanuts
1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 t salt
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
3/4 c almond milk
2/3 c peanut butter
1/3 c brown sugar
2 T ground flax
1 t vanilla
optional: 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together oats, peanuts, flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, mix remaining ingredients (EXCEPT chocolate chips) until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture in an oiled 9x13 pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips if using.