How about a little touch of the tropical for a cool fall morning? This made 10 waffles on my iron; your mileage may vary.
3 c flour
2 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg
2 3/4 c coconut milk (I used the refrigerated beverage for this, not the canned kind)
1/2 c pineapple juice
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 t coconut extract
1 t rum extract
1 t vanilla extract
1 c packed shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 1/4 c packed drained, crushed pineapple
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, pineapple juice, oil, and extracts.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until well-combined. (Don't worry about trying to get out all the lumps.)
- Fold in coconut and pineapple.
- Cook on a well-oiled waffle iron.
- Serve with fresh pineapple and coconut cream, or whatever toppings you feel like.