If in doubt, just add chocolate. These dense little balls of pineapple and coconut are pretty good on their own, but wrapping them in a chocolate shell takes them to a whole other level. Sometimes I think we should all just be wrapped in chocolate shells. Perhaps that will be my goal for Halloween.
3/4 c dried, unsweetened pineapple
1/2 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 1/2 t coconut oil, divided
1 T agave
1/2 c chocolate chips
2 t coconut milk (or other nondairy milk)
- Line a plate with waxed paper and place in the freezer.
- In a food processor, pulse pineapple until chopped into small pieces. Add coconut, 1 t coconut oil, and agave, and continue to process until mixture is well-combined and will hold together if pressed firmly into a ball.
- Scoop out heaping teaspoons of pineapple-coconut mixture, and form into balls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, coconut milk, and 1/2 t coconut oil. Microwave on low power until chocolate is melted and glossy, stirring every 15-20 seconds.
- Remove plate from freezer. Using your fingers or a toothpick, dip each ball in chocolate, then place on prepared plate. Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow chocolate to firm up, then store, covered, in the refrigerator.